Tuesday 31 May 2011

Solutions

Ok, I need to revamp my personal website - it's been languishing for far too long, and I want to create something which is actually useful, and which will give me an attractive place to showcase all the things I do - why let them go to waste?  This web module project is a prime example.  I do however need a half-decent CMS system - I've discovered in the past, over and over again, that hand-coding websites isn't feasable or sustainable. 

I'm mulling over various layouts, but in the meantime I'm going to go with Wordpress, as it's very widely used and I've seen some very cool sites which are coded with it.  The CMS Designs website has a few very good cases in point, and I'm really looking forward to, once all the hard design work is out of the way, having a relatively code-free way of adding things to the site.  Now, I just need to wait for my sysadmin to install it...

No comments:

Post a Comment