Friday 1 July 2011

Revamped content display

It's complete!  Well, the display pages are.  I'm really happy with the massive improvement to the content display which has come from separating the charts into a lightbox display.

New 'post' page

I've made a few modifications to the 'post' page layout: giving it a dark background similar to the slider on the front page, changing the text to white (though I might need a heavier font, shall user-test that) and linking the chart via a centered thumbnail image. 

 The chart displayed in a lightbox

This shot gives you an idea of how I have the chart set up to display at the moment in a lightbox.  Similarly to iframe, it grabs external content and displays it in an overlay window.  The slideshow player works!

I'm very happy with using Thickbox - it's straightforward to use (just add some extra code to a link to open in a lightbox instead of the same/another page), and 'just worked', which is what I'm looking for right now!  There is also an addition to the WYSIWIG post editor which makes everything easier and gives straightforward access to its more powerful features, but as the WYSIWYG editor isn't working right now, it's just as well I don't need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment